Year-Round IPM Program Pages
Wine and Raisin Grapes
This year-round program section covers the major pests of wine and raisin grapes grown in California. For table grapes, see the TABLE GRAPE YEAR-ROUND IPM PROGRAM.
- Mitigate pesticide effects on air and water quality.
What should you be doing during this time?
On a warm day, monitor vines and spurs for:
- Pseudoccus and vine mealybugs
- Ants associated with mealybugs and European fruit lecanium scale
- Orange overwintering spider mites
Keep records (example monitoring form ). Treat if needed according to the Pest Management Guidelines.
Check pheromone traps for:
- Omnivorous leafroller
- Orange tortrix in coastal areas
Keep records (example monitoring form ).
Monitor leaf wetness. Track powdery mildew ascospore release and mildew risk index.
Treat if needed according to the Pest Management Guidelines.
Consider treating for phomopsis cane and leaf spot if rain continues after budbreak.
Remove vines that have spring symptoms of Pierce's disease.